"Our team undergoes structured trainings for fundamentals. We plan on our training-modules and use the tools to get goal based timing, layout, extracted results with excellent core strength based objectives for the IP and SoC levels HIPs"
The Physical design of a circuit is the phase that precedes the fabrication of a circuit. In simple terms it refers to all the synthesis steps succeeding logic design and preceding fabrication.
Product Development Cycle
- Process considers many factors such as the size of the blocks, number of blocks and the number of interconnections between the blocks
- Floorplanning and Placement
- To find a minimum area arrangement of the blocks that allows completion of interconnections between the blocks, while meeting the performance constraints.
- Complete the interconnections between blocks according to the specified netlist.
- The goal is to complete all circuit connections using the shortest possible wire length and using only the channel and switch boxes.
- Two phases : Global Routing and Detailed Routing phases.
- Task of compressing the layout in all dimensions such that the total area is reduced
- Ensure that no rules regarding the design and fabrication process are violated during the process.
- Extraction and Verification
- Verifies that all geometric patterns meet the design rules imposed by the fabrication process. Ie. Design Rule Checking (DRC)
- Generates the circuit representation of the layout.i.e. Layout Versus Schematics (LVS) verification
- Check the reliability aspects of the layout i.e. Reliability Verification